To work with a Partner and their assistant in our busy property department.
Must have residential & commercial property experience.
Would suit a Legal Executive, Member of the Institute of Paralegals or Licensed Conveyancer (qualified or training).
Reporting directly to a Partner in the property department. To provide efficient support by proactively moving forward conveyancing instructions to exchange and completion. Actively liaising with other parties in the chain and with conveyancers and agents.
Processing client information forms for both sales and purchases and issuing Contracts. Ensuring protocol is adhered to with completions occurring without financial shortfalls or incomplete documentation. Proactively dealing with clients and managing their expectations to meet agreed outcomes.
To assist with conveyancing matters from instruction to post completion under the supervision of a partner.
To include residential property sales and purchases including residential leasehold, remortgages, transfers of equity, voluntary registrations and agricultural transactions.
Dealing with all aspects relating to commercial property transactions.
The role includes:
• Providing support to the Partner
• Opening Case Files
• Preparing Client Care Information
• Undertaking the necessary Due Diligence and working within Law Society Conveyancing Protocol
• Drafting correspondence to Client, Solicitors, Agents and Lenders
• Preparing the Contract Pack including the Draft Contract
• Using a search website and putting in hand the appropriate searches
• Drafting Transfers
• Drafting Reports to Clients
• Drafting documents and letters
• Preparing and filing online SDLT and HMLR Forms
• Requesting funds from Lenders
• Dealing with exchange and completion formalities
• Preparing Completion Statements and Bills
• Drafting documents including notices of assignments
• Use of the Land Registry Portal and HMRC SDLT websites
• Assisting partner and his assistant in handling client caseloads
• Closing Case Files
• Accuracy and attention to detail;
• An ability to work to timescales;
• Good organisational skills;
• Excellent presentation of documents;
• Excellent computer skills;
• Good written and spoken communication abilities;
• Respectful of confidential information;
• An ability to deal with large amounts of information;
• Sympathetic, empathetic and tactful.
Please apply in writing with your CV to:
Miss Karen Phillips
Sprake & Kingsley Solicitors, 16 Broad Street, Bungay, Suffolk, NR35 1EN
or email: email@example.com
Closing date: 5th October 2018