Employment law is fast moving and increasingly complex. If things go wrong, it can be very costly for the employer in terms of money being paid out, management lost time spent dealing with the issues, and the potential for unfavourable publicity.
We can guide you through your legal obligations at all stages of the employment relationship.
Many problems can be avoided with correctly drafted documents. We can assist you to produce properly drafted employment contracts, policies and procedures.
When issues arise during the course of employment, we can be on hand to advise at the earliest opportunity. Timely practical advice from us can often prevent a problem arising or enable you to control it.
We have extensive experience dealing with claims in Employment Tribunal, successfully defending claims, limiting the scope for damage and negotiating settlements.
Employment matters can lead to potential issues in the related fields of company, partnership or tax management. We work with our colleagues in these related fields to provide expert guidance.
We advise in all areas of employment law including:
- Contracts, policies and procedures;
- Director’s and executive’s service arrangements;
- Settlement Agreements;
- Restructuring, reorganisation and redundancy;
- Business transfers and TUPE;
- Disciplinary and grievance issues;
- Performance management issues;
- Ill health and absence management;
- Disputes and Employment Tribunal claims;
- Disputes relating to restrictive covenants and breach of contract;
- Discrimination issues.